Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other Arizona drivers.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Tucson is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for tips to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tucson. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to pick a lower cost company.
It’s important to compare prices occasionally since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rate on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Silverado 3500HD insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to lower your insurance bill.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Tucson is much easier if you know where to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. Although Arizona vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson is to realize car insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide details like if you have a valid license, if you lease or own, how you use your vehicles, and your occupation. Your information is instantly provided to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To find lower cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tucson.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Tucson, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The premium table below highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are established is important for you to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$270||$428||$490||$30||$146||$1,364||$114|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$270||$428||$490||$30||$146||$1,364||$114|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,174||$98|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$298||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,202||$100|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$298||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$298||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in Tucson location which can change prices considerably.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Chevy Silverado 3500HD annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Arizona. The data is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado 3500HD claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to spy on driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Tucson drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Tucson auto insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, multi-policy, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Tucson.
Protect more than your Silverado 3500HD
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Silverado 3500HD has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best car insurance company in Arizona?
Finding a good quality company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tucson. The information shown next may help you decide which coverage providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Buying car insurance from Tucson insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Tucson who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Tucson.