Searching for better insurance prices for a Honda HR-V in Arizona could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Honda and obtain the best price possible.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Tucson insurance shoppers could save an average of 50% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
Affordable car insurance in Tucson, AZ
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Arizona. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Tucson can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Data Collection Discounts – Tucson drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on HR-V insurance in Tucson.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
A few companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some credits may not be offered in Tucson. To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Tucson, click here to view.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Honda HR-V Insurance Prices?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Big cities have higher costs – Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accident claims. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Driver age impacts rates – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers tend to be more careless when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Even one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
Employer stress can affect premiums – Occupations such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like actors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Low credit score equals high rates – Having a good credit score factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda HR-V by taking the time to improve your credit score.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Tucson?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Tucson auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Tucson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Tucson who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tucson that can give you price quote information.
- Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 747-3900 – View Map
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
- Pacific International Insurance, LLC
2193 N Camino Principal – Tucson, AZ 85715 – (520) 886-3066 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jeff Noel – State Farm Insurance Agent
9136 E Valencia Rd #110 – Tucson, AZ 85747 – (520) 574-7777 – View Map
- Julie Burnett – State Farm Insurance Agent
6590 E Tanque Verde Rd B – Tucson, AZ 85715 – (520) 885-2321 – View Map
- Annie Frits – State Farm Insurance Agent
3320 N Country Club Rd #210 – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 777-7499 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
After you get positive responses as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your coverage at any point so never feel that you’re stuck with the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Honda HR-V insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Tucson is definitely available online in addition to many Tucson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find better rates for Honda HR-V insurance in Tucson
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tucson.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on HR-V insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Tucson? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)