Really, the only way to find better pricing on Ford Taurus insurance in Tucson is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for ideas to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Taurus coverage is available in Tucson. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Tucson drivers could save themselves roughly 50% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Locating the best rates in Tucson is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Although Arizona vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
What Determines Ford Taurus Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The following are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Use one insurance company and save – The majority of auto insurance companies allow lower prices to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other Tucson Taurus insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Better credit means lower rates – Credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Ford Taurus if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Buying a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Taurus may be wasting your money.
Marriage is a factor – Getting married helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Taurus – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Ford Taurus vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Taurus 2WD||109||88||134||115||115||101|
|Ford Taurus 4WD||120||78||141||124|
|Ford Taurus SHO 4WD||143||96||185||84||103|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance data for a Ford Taurus
The coverage information shown below highlights a range of insurance costs for Ford Taurus models. Knowing how rates are formulated can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$140||$246||$288||$18||$86||$778||$65|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$140||$284||$288||$18||$86||$816||$68|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$154||$284||$288||$18||$86||$830||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Careless driving habits raise Tucson auto insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and accidents drive up Ford Taurus insurance rates for each different age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Tucson can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- No Claims – Tucson drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Online Discount – A few companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Taurus insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, new car, save driver, good student, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, early bird, defensive driver, good student, bundled insurance, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, good student, newly retired, teen driver discount, and multi-policy.
When getting free Tucson car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Tucson. To see companies with significant discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents. Affordable Ford Taurus insurance in Tucson can be purchased online and with local Tucson insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
When searching for affordable Ford Taurus insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.