A recent insurance study discovered that most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Tucson can save 50% each year, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
The most effective way to get more affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Tucson is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Comparison shopping for more affordable insurance in Tucson is not as difficult as people think. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to compare prices online.
Companies offering cheap Jeep Cherokee prices in Tucson, AZ
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Tucson
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Cherokee insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online – Many companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable companies to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tucson car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Tucson car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, federal employee, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, new car, IntelliDrive, early quote, and driver training.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate auto insurance companies who offer cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes in Arizona, click here.
Tucson Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Prices also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Being married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Cherokee is throwing money out the window.
Better credit means lower premiums – Your credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jeep Cherokee by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
Big cities mean more claims – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
No policy lapses saves money – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
What’s your car’s crash test rating? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Jeep Cherokee is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Jeep Cherokee claim data – Insurers use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Tucson that can give you free Tucson car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Tucson?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mike Severson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5475 S Calle Santa Cruz Ste 161 – Tucson, AZ 85706 – (520) 746-1079 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Burke
2860 W Ina Rd Ste 104 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-6683 – View Map
- Nancy Craney – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 W Ina Rd #132 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-9947 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Tucson willing to provide price quote information.
- The Insurance House
2725 E Broadway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 795-7737 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group LLC
5285 E Williams Cir #4500 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 881-5760 – View Map
6245 E Broadway BlvdSte 310 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 624-3456 – View Map
Auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a highly-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Arizona. The company ratings shown next could help you decide which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cost effective Jeep Cherokee insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Tucson, so get free Tucson car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Jeep Cherokee insurance prices online in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)