Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Arizona can cut their rates by $733 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates online.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Mazda 6 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Tucson.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on 6 insurance. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new 6 can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda 6 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click here to view.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Mazda 6 insurance in Tucson takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like distance driven, how old drivers are, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if you have an active license. That information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheaper Mazda 6 insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Arizona. If you want cheap auto insurance in Tucson, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Mazda 6 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of prices for Mazda 6 models. Learning a little about how rates are established can help drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$308||$306||$18||$92||$906||$76|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$308||$306||$18||$92||$906||$76|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$308||$306||$18||$92||$906||$76|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$308||$306||$18||$92||$930||$78|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$308||$306||$18||$92||$930||$78|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$364||$306||$18||$92||$986||$82|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$364||$306||$18||$92||$986||$82|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$364||$306||$18||$92||$986||$82|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$364||$306||$18||$92||$986||$82|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$364||$306||$18||$92||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can impact coverage prices greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda 6 insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda 6 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Tucson?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Who is covered when they drive my Mazda 6?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Tucson insurance agency
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower prices and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tucson?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you want a local Tucson insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they work. Tucson agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Tucson that can give you price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you need to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Tucson willing to provide price quote information.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Cheap coverage is out there
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Mazda 6 insurance premium rates in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Tucson car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Mazda 6 insurance in Tucson can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tucson, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)