Sad but true, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American drivers can save almost 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable BMW X1 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Tucson.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tucson can be made easier if you know where to look. Drivers just have to know how to shop their coverage around on the web.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Tucson, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current X1 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tucson auto insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used X1 is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above are:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Tucson auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tucson. The company rank data shown below can help you choose which insurers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Learn How to Get Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Deter theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Affects performance affects auto insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the BMW X1 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Rates also based on gender – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both have fender benders in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Better rates for being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Fewer miles means better rates – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated X1 can cost quite a bit.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance loss probability for a BMW X1 – Insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for BMW X1 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
BMW X1 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years