The preferred way to get budget car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Tucson.
- First, try to comprehend how your policy works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s shocking but a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Arizona drivers could save $730 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Tucson auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, automatic seat belts, homeowners, student driver, and good student.
- Travelers discounts include new car, student away at school, early quote, save driver, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Tucson. To find insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Tucson, click this link.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- What are good liability limits? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Urban residents pay more – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Arizona award better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- You may save more by consolidating policies – Most larger insurance companies afford discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Buick Rainier rates in Tucson to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Tucson auto insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tucson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Tucson who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Tucson that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
- Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 747-3900 – View Map
- AZ Insurance Center
8880 E Speedway Blvd #101 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 722-0665 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
The following are Tucson exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tim Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
727 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 321-1333 – View Map
- Noreen Lawlor – State Farm Insurance Agent
8925 E Golf Links Rd – Tucson, AZ 85730 – (520) 722-7488 – View Map
- Rick McGee – State Farm Insurance Agent
7630 N la Cholla Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 529-4676 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Tucson should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is glass protection for?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Buick Rainier insurance in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you quote Tucson car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)