If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Pontiac Aztek insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Tucson. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in America can save $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Tucson, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance rates and discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tucson car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA discounts include good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, mature driver, distant student, early shopping, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, air bags, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Esurance offers discounts for DriveSense, online shopper, renters, Pac-12 alumni, and good driver.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, multiple policy, passive restraint, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available everywhere.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Aztek may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Eliminate extra coverages – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Only having one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with severe tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – The majority of companies apply discounts to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Why do you need liability? – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Tucson that can give you free Tucson car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
The following are agents in Tucson willing to provide price quotes for Pontiac Aztek insurance in Tucson.
6245 E Broadway BlvdSte 310 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 624-3456 – View Map
- HalSi Insurance Services
7670 E Broadway Blvd #250 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 296-7881 – View Map
- Tim Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
727 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 321-1333 – View Map
- Tim Heffentrager – State Farm Insurance Agent
116 S Kolb Rd – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 296-7181 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
Budget-conscious Pontiac Aztek insurance can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Tucson car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)