Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Volvo XC60 in Arizona can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volvo and locate the lowest price.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Cutting your Tucson car insurance rates is a great way to save money. Just spend a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find cheap car insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Rate information and statistics
The price information below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Volvo XC60 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$294||$466||$334||$20||$100||$1,214||$101|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$332||$466||$334||$20||$100||$1,252||$104|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$332||$548||$334||$20||$100||$1,334||$111|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$370||$548||$334||$20||$100||$1,372||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cautious Tucson drivers save money
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Volvo XC60 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Volvo XC60 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC60 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Tucson, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XC60 has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Volvo and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Tucson is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable rates on Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson with these seven discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total XC60 insurance premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new XC60 is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view providers who offer online Volvo XC60 insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is still important in Tucson.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tucson who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- HalSi Insurance Services
7670 E Broadway Blvd #250 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 296-7881 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
- Tucson Insurance Associates
51 W Wetmore Rd #101 – Tucson, AZ 85705 – (520) 396-4727 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are Tucson exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nancy Craney – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 W Ina Rd #132 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-9947 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Burke
2860 W Ina Rd Ste 104 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-6683 – View Map
- Mike Severson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5475 S Calle Santa Cruz Ste 161 – Tucson, AZ 85706 – (520) 746-1079 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and cheap XC60 insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. But remember, you can terminate your policy for any reason so don’t think that you are obligated to a specific company for the full term.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Specific coverages for a Volvo XC60
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer, fire damage, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, surgery and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, emergency aid, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your XC60 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your XC60 to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volvo XC60.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you quote Tucson car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Volvo XC60 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson
The most effective way to find cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in Tucson is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)