Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,580, Tucson drivers could pocket as much as $730 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheap car insurance rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tucson is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Low Cost Kia insurance rates in Tucson
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Do women or men drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
Performance influences premiums – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Liability safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Older drivers save more – Young drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Most larger companies afford lower prices to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save money by splitting coverages up.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Amanti can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Kia Amanti insurance in Tucson
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tucson car insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, pay in full, multi-car, early shopping, switch companies, and distant student.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, military active duty, and driver training.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including family plan, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
If you need inexpensive Tucson car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tucson. To locate car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Tucson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Tucson who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When finding a good Tucson insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to check rates from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Tucson that can possibly get you rate quotes.
These agents can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Tucson should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tucson?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tucson?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tucson?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Discount Kia Amanti insurance in Tucson is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)