If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Tucson. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never compared rates.
If saving money on car insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Tucson is actually quite simple. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes from multiple carriers.
Affordable Tucson auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tucson auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a safe driver class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help lower the premium cost.
To find auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Tucson, click here.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as if you’re married, coverage limits, if you went to college, and if it has an alarm system. That rating data is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To compare cheap Chevy Blazer insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Chevy Blazer Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Lots of companies will give discounts to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other Tucson Blazer insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Being located in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Miles impacts costs – The more you drive your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating states the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Blazer can result in significantly higher rates.
- Avoid policy lapses – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What policy terms are available?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When do I need to get advice from an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Tucson who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
What type of Tucson car insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Tucson agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Tucson are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Tucson willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to contact independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Tucson that can give you comparison quotes.
Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 747-3900 – View Map
Auto insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Blazer with a loan, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Tucson. The company information below may help you select which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Quote. Compare. Save.
Affordable Chevy Blazer insurance in Tucson is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Tucson auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy Blazer insurance in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tucson auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)