It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Cadillac ATS insurance in Tucson is your ultimate target, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to get affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Tucson is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help prevent high rates and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced protection in Tucson is easy to do. If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. You just need to understand the quickest method to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Score discounts on Tucson car insurance
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, good student, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in Tucson, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Tucson insurance agent
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Tucson.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Tucson who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent Tucson car insurance agents
When searching for a good Tucson insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Tucson may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tucson who can help you get price quote information.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Tucson willing to provide rate quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Tucson?
After getting good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t think that you are obligated to a policy for any length of time.
Car insurance coverages for a Cadillac ATS
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, theft and hitting a deer. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your ATS resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your ATS in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Be persistent to save money
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Tucson car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Cadillac ATS insurance in Tucson can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Tucson, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tucson Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)