It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you're here, then learning about how to quote and compare coverages can save time and money.
The recommended way to find more affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Tucson is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more details to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
An important note is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these techniques to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Tucson seems hard but is not really that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to use the best way to compare rates using one simple form.
Discount Tucson insurance rates
Companies don't list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, multi-policy, good student, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and newly retired.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tucson, click here.
Compare Tucson Chevy Bolt EV insurance rate quotes
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tucson, AZ. To locate cheap car insurance in Tucson, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Do I need an agent?
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Tucson should know the answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Tucson can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle car insurance, but it's important to know the differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tucson that can give you comparison quotes.
Gene Molina - State Farm Insurance Agent
2160 W Holladay St - Tucson, AZ 85746 - (520) 883-1500 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Tucson independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
Ratings for Tucson auto insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Arizona. The company information below can help you pick which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Don't give up on affordable coverage
Budget-conscious Chevy Bolt EV insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tucson, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)