It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare other rates will probably switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Chevy Volt insurance in Tucson is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Volt coverage is available in Tucson. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Companies offering Chevy Volt insurance in Tucson
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. To locate the best car insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current Volt insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
If you would like to view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tucson, click this link.
Lower Your Tucson Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rate level.
Multiple policies with one company – Many insurers afford lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insurance prices and driver gender – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles – Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium costs. Models that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Arizona?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Tucson car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Tucson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Tucson who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Best auto insurance agent in Tucson
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Tucson agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Oasis Insurance
405 E Wetmore Rd g115 – Tucson, AZ 85705 – (520) 888-5000 – View Map
- Mike Pierce Insurance
1809 S 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 884-8488 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
- Al Vasey – State Farm Insurance Agent
7401 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 514-0222 – View Map
- Joe Abong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 750-8016 – View Map
- Tim Brown: Farmers Insurance Agent
70 W Franklin St – Tucson, AZ 85701 – (520) 322-3924 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tucson?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tucson?
After getting reasonable responses and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can terminate your policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
Arizona auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The information below could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Cheap auto insurance rates are available
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost Chevy Volt insurance in Tucson can be found online and also from your neighborhood Tucson agents, so you need to shop Tucson car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Chevy Volt insurance premium rates in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Volt rate quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)