Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in Tucson could save themselves about 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Ford F-150 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Tucson.
- First, try to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to keep prices down and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Pricing the lowest-priced auto insurance policy in Tucson can be fairly easy. Nearly anyone who requires lower cost auto insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. But Arizona consumers do need to learn how insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Arizona
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tucson, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Data for Ford F-150 insurance
The information shown next outlines a range of insurance costs for Ford F-150 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are calculated can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$142||$198||$314||$18||$94||$766||$64|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$142||$254||$314||$18||$94||$822||$69|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$142||$254||$314||$18||$94||$822||$69|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$142||$254||$314||$18||$94||$822||$69|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$142||$254||$314||$18||$94||$822||$69|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$162||$254||$314||$18||$94||$842||$70|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$182||$254||$314||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$182||$254||$314||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$182||$254||$314||$18||$94||$862||$72|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$204||$364||$314||$18||$94||$994||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$204||$364||$314||$18||$94||$994||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$204||$364||$314||$18||$94||$994||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Ford F-150 insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Good Student - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Tucson.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, homeowner, youthful driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver's education, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Allstate includes discounts for anti-theft, premier plus, 55 and retired, passive restraint, teenSMART discount, and FullPay discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Tucson. To see auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, click here.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Prices go up with performance - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford F-150 policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Safer cars are cheaper to insure - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Pay lower rates after the wedding - Getting married may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Save money with excellent credit - Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford F-150 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Extra coverages may not be needed - There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Liability coverage claims can be big - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Loss probability for a Ford F-150 - Companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The table below outlines the loss history for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Tucson.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Tucson who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Tucson auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding a local Tucson insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tucson that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Mooney Insurance
10501 E Seven Generations Way #103 - Tucson, AZ 85747 - (520) 751-0502 - View Map
- Crest Insurance Group LLC
5285 E Williams Cir #4500 - Tucson, AZ 85711 - (520) 881-5760 - View Map
- HalSi Insurance Services
7670 E Broadway Blvd #250 - Tucson, AZ 85710 - (520) 296-7881 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson willing to provide rate quotes.
- Annie Frits - State Farm Insurance Agent
3320 N Country Club Rd #210 - Tucson, AZ 85716 - (520) 777-7499 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Edmund Marquez
4420 E Speedway Blvd Ste 102 - Tucson, AZ 85712 - (520) 323-9333 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 - Tucson, AZ 85713 - (520) 792-2100 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tucson?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
How much can you save?
Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cheap Ford F-150 insurance in Tucson is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Ford F-150 insurance premium rates in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tucson? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)