It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who compare rates annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is your intention, then knowing how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Tucson.
First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on GT insurance in Tucson. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Choosing the best rates in Tucson is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Smart shoppers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price from many different companies.
Getting a low cost price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To locate cheap auto insurance in Tucson, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GT, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your GT more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new GT is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tucson auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view providers that offer some of these discounts in Tucson, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.