Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Tucson could cut their rates by almost $733 a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Honda CR-Z insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Tucson. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Most companies provide coverage price quotes on their websites. This process is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system pulls your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Tucson CR-Z insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda CR-Z with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Honda. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tucson car insurance online.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Tucson could trigger savings on your policy.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- E-sign – Certain companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Tucson insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Tucson.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Arizona?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Arizona car insurance companies ranked
Picking a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Arizona. The ranking information listed below can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented many tips how you can save on Honda CR-Z insurance in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda CR-Z rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a small local company.
A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Tucson can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)