It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Tucson is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Tucson is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Arizona.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more information to help prevent high rates and find additional discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in AZ, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance statistics for a Hyundai Elantra
The rate table below covers different rate quotes for Hyundai Elantra models. Having a better idea how insurance premiums are established is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$204||$352||$262||$16||$78||$912||$76|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,128||$94|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,158||$97|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$506||$308||$18||$92||$1,158||$97|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$234||$428||$262||$16||$78||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Choosing the best Hyundai vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Elantra, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Hyundai gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Tucson overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get Hyundai Elantra Insurance Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Drivers with high credit save on car insurance – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai Elantra if you clean up your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Don’t cut corners with liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Tickets mean higher costs – Even a single citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can influence Hyundai Elantra auto insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better costs – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – Companies in Arizona generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Occupation can influence rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as military generals, police officers, and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates because of high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Gals pay lower prices – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Elantra – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Elantra Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
More affordable auto insurance in Tucson is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)