Comparing Tucson auto insurance quotes online can seem complicated if you haven’t ever used online price comparisons. But don’t throw in the towel because finding affordable coverage for Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson is easier than you think.
How to buy affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson
The best way to quote cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Arizona.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Tucson consumers could cut their rates by roughly $730 a year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around as often as possible since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Finding the cheapest car insurance policy in Tucson is quite easy. Just about every person who shops for car insurance will probably get a lower-priced policy. Although Arizona drivers should learn the methods companies use to set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
You may qualify for discounts for Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because it shows financial diligence.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Accident Free – Tucson drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tucson auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see insurers with discount rates in Tucson, follow this link.
The best way to compare rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you have an active license, marital status, your job, and how you use your vehicles. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To compare cheaper Mercury Montego insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Arizona. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower Your Tucson Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into rates.
High credit scores save money – Your credit history factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercury Montego by improving your credit score. People with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Filing claims can cost you – Companies in Arizona give the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Affects performance affects auto insurance prices – The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on economy passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities regularly have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Theft deterrents systems cut auto insurance rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
Buying auto insurance from Tucson auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Tucson.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Tucson that provide free Tucson auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Tucson
If you want to use a local Tucson insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tucson that may be able to provide pricing information.
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
- Allied Insurance Group
2424 E Broadway Blvd # 114 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 918-2886 – View Map
- Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 747-3900 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Tucson that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Al Vasey – State Farm Insurance Agent
7401 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 514-0222 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Burke
2860 W Ina Rd Ste 104 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-6683 – View Map
- Mike Severson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5475 S Calle Santa Cruz Ste 161 – Tucson, AZ 85706 – (520) 746-1079 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Tucson will have answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you are entitled to terminate coverage at any time so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way out.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Tucson Montego insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mercury gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Montego are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the best company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Tucson. The rank data shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Steps to buying affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Tucson
Really, the only way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Tucson. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.