Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for better prices are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Tucson is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Tucson.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Our objective is to introduce you to how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Smart shoppers just need to use the proper methods to get comparison rates instantly.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Tucson, AZ. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some insurers don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Car Discount – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current iQ insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, driver training, air bags, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, and federal employee.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, air bags, 55 and older, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, air bag, good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
If you need affordable Scion iQ insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. To find companies who offer online Scion iQ insurance quotes in Tucson, follow this link.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Scion iQ in Tucson, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Scion iQ, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Scion at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Scion gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Tucson.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Tucson that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Tucson exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Tucson should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?