A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders in Arizona kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the United States could save roughly $850 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Tucson. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper SX4 coverage is available in Tucson. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Pricing the cheapest policy in Tucson is not as hard as you think. Nearly each driver who is required to buy car insurance will more than likely find a better price. But Arizona drivers must know how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium.
Check for these discounts on Suzuki SX4 insurance in Tucson
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Tucson car insurance on the internet.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current SX4 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Suzuki may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will cut the premium cost.
The example below shows the comparison of Suzuki SX4 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, click this link.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting a better price. Not every company does online price quotes, so you should also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Suzuki SX4 insurance rate analysis
The rate information shown next outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Having insight into how insurance rates are figured can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|SX4 Sport SE||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$126||$208||$288||$18||$86||$726||$61|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$126||$208||$288||$18||$86||$726||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Suzuki SX4 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my Suzuki SX4 covered for smoke damage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Tucson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Tucson who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Tucson car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Mike Pierce Insurance
1809 S 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 884-8488 – View Map
- AZ Insurance Center
8880 E Speedway Blvd #101 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 722-0665 – View Map
- DM Lovitt Insurance Agency
607 N 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85705 – (520) 798-1888 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Thom Wadlund
4500 E Grant Rd Ste A – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 318-0734 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: John Brown
9155 E Tanque Verde Rd #117 – Tucson, AZ 85749 – (520) 323-2500 – View Map
- Merrie Connon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10222 E Rita Rd #110 – Tucson, AZ 85747 – (520) 574-3223 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Tucson should know the answers to these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you may have and affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance rates in Tucson quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into any specific agency for any length of time.
Ratings for Arizona auto insurance companies
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Arizona. The information in the next section may help you select which car insurance companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, policy non-renewal and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Suzuki SX4 insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Tucson? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)