How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tucson? Do you get exhausted from paying out the nose to make your insurance payment? You are in the same boat as most other consumers in Arizona.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the absolute lowest price on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tucson.
You need to compare premium rates quite often because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tucson at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Ram 3500 insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some great ways to save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best rates in Tucson is not rocket science. But Arizona drivers need to learn how big insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Most companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give coverage price quotes on the web. Comparing prices online for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tucson is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. When complete, the system requests your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best rate possible.
To use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Arizona. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Tucson, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, driver training, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, and early quote.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, accident-free, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, mature driver, early shopping, youthful driver, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Esurance includes discounts for online shopper, anti-theft, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, claim free, good driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, annual mileage, age of vehicle, multi-car, and ease of repair.
If you want affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in Tucson. To see companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tucson, follow this link.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table below showcases different insurance costs for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$164||$262||$282||$16||$84||$808||$67|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$200||$308||$282||$16||$84||$890||$74|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$200||$354||$422||$26||$126||$1,128||$94|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$354||$282||$16||$84||$936||$78|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$354||$282||$16||$84||$936||$78|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$402||$422||$26||$126||$1,176||$98|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$402||$422||$26||$126||$1,176||$98|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$200||$402||$422||$26||$126||$1,176||$98|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$200||$354||$282||$16||$84||$936||$78|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$200||$354||$282||$16||$84||$936||$78|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$200||$402||$422||$26||$126||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Arizona auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Tucson. The ranking data in the lists below could help you choose which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your prices.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Better car insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Prices can be impacted by your employer – Jobs such as judges, architects, and miners generally pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Responsible credit saves on car insurance – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram 3500 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other actually saves money on car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.