It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who compare rates once a year will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on insurance in Tucson is your goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Tucson. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for ideas to keep prices down and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
To find the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find cheaper Dodge Ram rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Just keep in mind that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company does Tucson Ram insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Tucson, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Ram, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge Ram. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Dodge Ram coverage analysis
The price information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how prices are established can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$146||$214||$318||$18||$96||$792||$66|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$164||$262||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$182||$354||$318||$18||$96||$968||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$182||$354||$318||$18||$96||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in Tucson location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tucson auto insurance online.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Student in College - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tucson and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Tucson Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, bundle discounts, good student, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, distant student, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.