Want to know how to find the cheapest insurance rates in Tucson, AZ? Tucson consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable BMW X5 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for your BMW and locate the lowest possible price from Tucson insurance agents and online providers.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Tucson is your objective, understanding how to compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on BMW X5 insurance in Tucson a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The intent of this article is to teach you how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using these tips. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Reducing your insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is spend a little time to compare rates to find out which insurance company has low cost Tucson auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
BMW X5 insurance rate analysis
The coverage table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for BMW X5 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X5 3.0I AWD||$278||$538||$338||$20||$102||$1,276||$106|
|X5 3.5D AWD||$308||$620||$338||$20||$102||$1,388||$116|
|X5 4.8I AWD||$308||$620||$338||$20||$102||$1,388||$116|
|X5 M AWD||$364||$782||$338||$20||$102||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Tucson which can affect insurance rates substantially.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below shows the difference between BMW X5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below compares BMW X5 insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW X5 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a BMW in Tucson, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your X5 has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your BMW and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How Insurers Determine BMW X5 Insurance Premiums
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a significant other can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Accidents are costly – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up BMW X5 premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Your career may increase prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and dentists are shown to have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- High claims frequency drives up prices – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Arizona provide the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW X5 if you improve your credit rating. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
BMW X5 insurance loss data – Car insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for BMW X5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW X5 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X5 4dr 2WD 131 110 153 BMW X5 4dr 4WD 126 81 164 65 57 67BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on BMW X5 insurance in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable BMW X5 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to buy affordable BMW X5 insurance in Tucson
The best way we recommend to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Tucson.
- Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information can be found at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)