Unfortunately, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. U.S. consumers could save an average of $850 each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Tucson is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Arizona. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Tucson can initially seem challenging. Just about each driver who comparison shops for auto insurance will probably find a cheaper policy. Although Arizona consumers must understand the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
When looking for affordable Tucson car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates consists of shopping online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to go to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the peace of mind that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible price shop online but buy the policy through an agent. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide Tucson Sonic insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a slight reduction on a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Sonic can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current Sonic insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few companies that may include some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Tucson. To locate companies with discount rates in Arizona, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Tucson car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Tucson that can give you price quote information for Chevy Sonic insurance in Tucson.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Sonic is worth?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Chevy Sonic Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Avoid policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
With age comes lower premiums – Young drivers in Arizona have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many companies will give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Sonic has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Arizona generally give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as fire fighters, executives, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Liability insurance safeguards assets – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Loss probability for a Chevy Sonic – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Sonic insurance, paying for insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sonic, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sonic are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Quote more to save more
Cost effective Chevy Sonic insurance is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy Sonic insurance rates in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)