Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Tucson? There isn’t anyone who likes having to buy insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, learning how to shop and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Tucson.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Tucson can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Arizona vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information shown next showcases different coverage prices for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Understanding how rate quotes are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$220||$440||$362||$22||$108||$1,152||$96|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$252||$440||$362||$22||$108||$1,184||$99|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$252||$440||$362||$22||$108||$1,184||$99|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$286||$536||$362||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$286||$536||$362||$22||$108||$1,314||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Tucson location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Explorer Sport Trac replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Tucson
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, student away at school, early quote, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, student driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in Tucson. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Tucson, click this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Tucson insurance agents?
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Tucson.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tucson who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Tucson car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Tucson can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Tucson who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Tucson that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Arizona car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Tucson. The company information below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premium rates online in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford Explorer Sport Trac rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More affordable insurance in Tucson is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Tucson, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
How to save money on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Tucson
The recommended way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Tucson.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as your driving record and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Explorer Sport Trac coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)