Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Ford F-350 insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to quote and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Ford F-350 insurance in Tucson is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Arizona.
- First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Tucson. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Tucson is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just need to use the quickest way to compare prices over the internet.
Tucson Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- The higher your credit score the lower your rates – Having a good credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford F-350 if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Add-on coverages push up prices – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Consolidate and save – Some companies allow a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare Ford F-350 rates in Tucson to ensure the best deal.
Insurance loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford F-350 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cutting your Tucson auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. In order to find cheap auto insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of rate quotes for Ford F-350 models. Understanding how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,292||$108|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$238||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,292||$108|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$266||$360||$308||$18||$92||$1,044||$87|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$266||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,108||$92|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$266||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,108||$92|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$266||$424||$464||$28||$138||$1,320||$110|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$266||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,108||$92|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$266||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,108||$92|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$266||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,108||$92|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$266||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,384||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$292||$488||$464||$28||$138||$1,410||$118|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$292||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,198||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Tucson location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the difference between Ford F-350 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-350 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford F-350 has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Affordable Ford F-350 insurance in Tucson
Some providers do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Online Discount – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the web.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tucson car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Ford F-350 insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view auto insurance companies who offer online Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Tucson that provide free Tucson car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Tucson will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tucson?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Tucson insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tucson who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Gilbert Castillo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3010 W Valencia Rd #250 – Tucson, AZ 85746 – (520) 883-2886 – View Map
- Al Vasey – State Farm Insurance Agent
7401 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 514-0222 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Mahony
5831 E Speedway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 721-9355 – View Map
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson that can give you rate quotes.
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
- AZ Insurance Center
8880 E Speedway Blvd #101 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 722-0665 – View Map
- Pacific International Insurance, LLC
2193 N Camino Principal – Tucson, AZ 85715 – (520) 886-3066 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Arizona?
Picking a highly-rated insurer can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Arizona. The ranking information displayed below may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent to save money
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Ford F-350 insurance premium rates online in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When getting Tucson car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)