Would you prefer to buy low-cost Honda Civic insurance in Tucson? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive car insurance can sap your monthly budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
It's a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get price quotes annually are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Tucson is your intention, then having a grasp of how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Since vehicle owners have many different company options, it is very difficult to find the most affordable car insurance company.
It is always a good idea to compare prices as often as possible because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rate on Honda Civic insurance in Tucson on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it's time to teach you the right way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you better insurance rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Most insurance companies apply a discount to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's always a smart idea to compare other Tucson Civic insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Liability coverage preserves assets - Liability coverage kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
Men tend to take more risk - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Deter theft and pay less - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- High credit rating translates to low costs - Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Civic by repairing your credit.
Obey driving laws and save - Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received multiple citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims drive up Honda Civic car insurance rates for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss statistics a Honda Civic - Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Honda Civic vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Honda Civic Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
First Step: Get free Honda Civic insurance quotes
When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Tucson, AZ. To find the best cheap car insurance in AZ, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Honda Civic models. Having a better idea how premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$442||$390||$24||$116||$1,166||$97|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,244||$104|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,244||$104|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$520||$488||$28||$146||$1,376||$115|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,244||$104|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,244||$104|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$598||$488||$28||$146||$1,454||$121|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$598||$390||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$598||$390||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$598||$488||$28||$146||$1,482||$124|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$598||$390||$24||$116||$1,350||$113|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$598||$488||$28||$146||$1,482||$124|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,300||$108|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$676||$488||$28||$146||$1,588||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
Analysis of deductible levels
One of the most common car insurance questions is how high should your deductibles be. The rates shown below may aid in understanding the difference in cost when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,123||$94|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,205||$100|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,205||$100|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$548||$374||$22||$112||$1,305||$109|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,205||$100|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,205||$100|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$632||$374||$22||$112||$1,389||$116|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$632||$300||$18||$90||$1,323||$110|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$632||$300||$18||$90||$1,323||$110|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$374||$22||$112||$1,423||$119|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$632||$300||$18||$90||$1,323||$110|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$374||$22||$112||$1,423||$119|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,273||$106|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$716||$374||$22||$112||$1,541||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$314||$300||$18||$90||$886||$74|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$370||$300||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$370||$300||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$370||$374||$22||$112||$1,042||$87|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$370||$300||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$370||$300||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$428||$374||$22||$112||$1,100||$92|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$428||$300||$18||$90||$1,024||$85|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$428||$300||$18||$90||$1,024||$85|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$428||$374||$22||$112||$1,124||$94|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$428||$300||$18||$90||$1,024||$85|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$428||$374||$22||$112||$1,124||$94|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$370||$300||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$484||$374||$22||$112||$1,204||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Tucson location which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $24 more each month or $288 a year across all Honda Civic models than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to average at least 17 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money if you opt for a higher deductible.
How to decide to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$109|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $85|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$24|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $24|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||17 months|
One thing to be aware of is that higher deductibles results in more money out-of-pocket when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. You will want to have some extra savings in the event you need to pay the higher deductible.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Why you need quality insurance for your Civic
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Civic insurance, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Civic, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Get cheaper Honda Civic insurance in Tucson with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Student in College - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tucson and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Civic car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, mature driver, business and professional, good student, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, good student, multi-policy, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Tucson car insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Tucson. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Tucson, click this link.
Local Tucson auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Tucson that provide free Tucson car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Tucson should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When searching for a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Tucson can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
Gene Molina - State Farm Insurance Agent
2160 W Holladay St - Tucson, AZ 85746 - (520) 883-1500 - View Map
American Family Insurance - Kristi Frank Agency Inc.
4319 E Broadway Blvd - Tucson, AZ 85711 - (520) 323-0017 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tucson willing to provide price quote information.
Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St - Tucson, AZ 85710 - (520) 747-3900 - View Map
Once you have received good answers to all your questions and cheaper Civic insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-friendly car insurance in Tucson can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
When you buy Tucson car insurance online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find low-cost Honda Civic insurance in Tucson
The best way to get low-cost Honda Civic insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Tucson.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)