Astonishing but true, most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Tucson consumers could save themselves approximately $730 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Tucson is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the lowest cost coverage in Tucson is not that difficult. But Arizona drivers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hummer H2 SUT if you improve your credit rating. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit.
Traffic violations cost more than a fine – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Discounts for alarm systems – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Men pay higher prices – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. They both have accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hummer H2 SUT in Tucson, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hummer, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Hummer at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Hummer gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save money on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Tucson with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Tucson auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To view providers who offer discounts in Tucson, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Tucson that can give you free Tucson auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Tucson should know the answers to these questions.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tucson?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tucson?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
If you would like to find a local Tucson insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Tucson may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Tucson who may provide you with price quote information.
- Joe Abong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 750-8016 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 792-2100 – View Map
- Paul Heiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2654 N Campbell Ave – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 327-7884 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Tucson willing to provide rate quotes.
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
6245 E Broadway BlvdSte 310 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 624-3456 – View Map
If you get positive feedback to your questions as well as cheaper H2 SUT insurance quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that you can cancel a policy when you choose so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific agency for the full term.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Hummer H2 SUT to commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Find cheaper insurance rates by comparing often
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)