If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Tucson. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for better prices are inclined to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Tucson is the reason you're reading this, then learning about how to find companies and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Honda CR-V Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Honda CR-V earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Proper usage rating affects prices - The higher the miles on your Honda in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your CR-V can cost quite a bit.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona generally give better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Prices impacted by your city - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Good credit means lower rates - Your credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Honda CR-V by repairing your credit.
Honda CR-V insurance loss statistics - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Honda CR-V Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Tucson is to understand almost all companies allow for online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide information including how much you drive, if you're married, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if you are currently licensed. That rating data gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Honda CR-V now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tucson, AZ. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Honda CR-V insurance statistics and information
The premium table below covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Honda CR-V models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$216||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,100||$92|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$216||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,100||$92|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$216||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,100||$92|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$248||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,132||$94|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$248||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,132||$94|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$248||$432||$332||$20||$100||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premiums significantly.
Cautious drivers save money
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Honda CR-V insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda CR-V insurance, insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your Honda CR-V and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your CR-V are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Tucson
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new CR-V can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on CR-V insurance in Tucson.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Tucson may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda CR-V annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century has discounts for defensive driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, student driver, and driver training.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, early quote, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, driver training, and save driver.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. To choose insurers who offer free Honda CR-V insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Tucson insurance agency
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Tucson.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company should depend on more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How are claims handled?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tucson?
In the end, you can save money
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Honda CR-V insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper car insurance in Tucson can be purchased both online and with local Tucson insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When you buy Tucson car insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)