It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who compare other rates are inclined to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Honda Odyssey insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tucson. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Comparing quotes for the most affordable car insurance coverage in Tucson is quite easy. Virtually every car owner who compares rate quotes for car insurance most likely will get better rates. Although Arizona drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine premium rates.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Honda Odyssey insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
Premiums also based on gender – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but males have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can influence Honda Odyssey annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda Odyssey scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Odyssey may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy states the correct driver usage.
Honda Odyssey insurance claim data – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies allow consumers to get price estimates on the web. Doing online quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your required coverages into a form. Once you submit the form, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To find the cheapest car insurance in Tucson, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Analysis of coverages
The information below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Honda Odyssey models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are determined helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$224||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,098||$92|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$258||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,214||$101|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$258||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,214||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Honda Odyssey insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Odyssey car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Honda Odyssey book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Honda. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, multi-car, newly retired, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, group or association, student away at school, safe driver, and paid in full.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Tucson. To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Tucson.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Tucson that provide free Tucson auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find local Tucson agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Tucson are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Tucson independent insurance agencies who can help you get free price quotes.
- Leavitt Group – Koty-Leavitt Insurance Agency
6992 E Broadway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 571-1900 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
- The Insurance House
2725 E Broadway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 795-7737 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Tucson that are able to give price quote information.
- Julie Burnett – State Farm Insurance Agent
6590 E Tanque Verde Rd B – Tucson, AZ 85715 – (520) 885-2321 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Debe A. Campos-Fleenor
3206 E Grant Rd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 745-0169 – View Map
- Nancy Craney – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 W Ina Rd #132 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-9947 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Tucson. The rank data shown below could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
You can find cheaper coverage
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
The cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance in Tucson can be bought online and with local Tucson insurance agents, so get free Tucson auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Tucson auto insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)