Shocking but true, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The preferred way to get cheaper Land Rover Discovery insurance in Tucson is to annually compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to understand how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
- Low stress vocation equals lower premiums – Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as professors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major car insurance companies provide discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Having just one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Limits of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
How to shop Land Rover Discovery insurance online
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to go to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained advice only provided by licensed Tucson agents. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in Tucson, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Tucson Discovery insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Land Rover Discovery, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates with these price cutting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount shop Tucson car insurance on their website.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tucson and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will reduce your policy premium.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, new move discount, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Tucson, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Tucson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Tucson who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When finding a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Tucson are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tucson who may provide free rate quotes.
Arizona Southern Insurance Agency
6544 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 747-3900 – View Map
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tucson willing to provide rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in Tucson should know the answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Tucson?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as inexpensive Land Rover Discovery insurance in Tucson quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Best car insurance company in Arizona
Finding a highly-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Tucson. The ranking information below may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
We just showed you many ideas to save on Land Rover Discovery insurance in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced car insurance in Tucson is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)