Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around annually are likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Tucson is your target objective, knowing how to shop for auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Tucson.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to help prevent expensive coverage and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate a better price. Some companies don’t provide Tucson Mirage insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Tucson, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Mitsubishi. Some coverage claims could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many companies apply better rates to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare Mitsubishi Mirage rates in Tucson to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Mitsubishi Mirage is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Claims statistics for a Mitsubishi Mirage – Insurance companies use data from past claims as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mitsubishi Mirage Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you quote Tucson car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Tucson can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tucson Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)