No sane person likes paying for car insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
A recent car insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by as much as 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they changed companies.
How to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Tucson
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Tucson is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, try to understand what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tucson. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Drivers have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Tucson is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as whether or not you need a SR-22, if you have a valid license, your credit rating estimate, and marital status. The rating information gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To compare affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Tucson, AZ. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Tucson, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect your Golf SportWagen and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Tucson, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Golf SportWagen, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Tucson with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Golf SportWagen may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, air bags, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, IntelliDrive, save driver, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, seat belt use, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Tucson. To see insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
What is the best auto insurance company in Tucson?
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company ratings in the lists below can help you select which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm