The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Tucson.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more information to help keep prices low and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop rates annually are likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Tucson is your goal, then having a grasp of how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Tucson, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Jaguar S-Type with a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Tucson auto insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Tucson auto insurance on their website.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Tucson. If you would like to view companies with significant discounts in Tucson, click this link.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Arizona. The ranking information in the next section could help you choose which providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance