It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers in Arizona kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in the United States can cut their rates by up to $850 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Tucson is to do an annual price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Arizona.
Step 1: Read about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
Extra coverages may be wasting money – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Liability is cheap – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers provide a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Deter theft and save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Lexus. Examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Single vs. married – Getting married may save some money on your insurance bill. Marriage translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Better rates for being claim-free – Companies in Arizona provide better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Lexus is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give online Tucson NX 200t insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Arizona. To get cheap auto insurance in AZ, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus NX 200t insurance, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable rates by applying discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new NX 200t may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tucson and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, daytime running lights, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, teen driver discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Tucson. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with the best Lexus NX 200t insurance discounts in Tucson, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Tucson car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Tucson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Tucson that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
- Mike Pierce Insurance
1809 S 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 884-8488 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Koty-Leavitt Insurance Agency
6992 E Broadway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 571-1900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson willing to provide price quote information.
- Mike Severson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5475 S Calle Santa Cruz Ste 161 – Tucson, AZ 85706 – (520) 746-1079 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Brown
3400 E Speedway Blvd Ste 202 – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 318-1775 – View Map
- Annie Frits – State Farm Insurance Agent
3320 N Country Club Rd #210 – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 777-7499 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Tucson car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a highly-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tucson. The information in the next section may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
You just read a lot of ways to find lower-cost Lexus NX 200t insurance in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Tucson auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)