If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Mazda 2 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Tucson. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and poor credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper 2 coverage is available in Tucson. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Sad but true, over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in Arizona could save themselves as much as $700 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
Companies offering Mazda 2 insurance in Arizona
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Mazda 2 insurance rates in Tucson
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new 2 is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Signing – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current 2 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in Tucson. For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Tucson car insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Tucson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Tucson who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Auto insurance agents in Tucson come in two varieties
If you need to find local Tucson agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Tucson may be either independent or exclusive. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Tucson independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- RightSure Insurance Group
5151 E Broadway Blvd #120 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 901-7010 – View Map
- Allied Insurance Group
2424 E Broadway Blvd # 114 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 918-2886 – View Map
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Tucson willing to provide price quotes.
- Tim Heffentrager – State Farm Insurance Agent
116 S Kolb Rd – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 296-7181 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 792-2100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Mahony
5831 E Speedway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 721-9355 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tucson?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the top company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Arizona. The rank data displayed below could help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Persistence will pay off
Low-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Tucson can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tucson agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)