It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates will probably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around annually saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Tucson is why you’re here, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Tucson. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Teen drivers pay more – Teenage drivers in Arizona are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a beginning driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Saab 9-3 insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Saab 9-3 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- How do annual miles impact premiums? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your 9-3 may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information shown next showcases different coverage prices for Saab 9-3 models. Understanding how rate quotes are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$632||$308||$18||$92||$1,336||$111|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$286||$632||$308||$18||$92||$1,336||$111|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$632||$308||$18||$92||$1,336||$111|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$726||$308||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$318||$726||$362||$22||$108||$1,536||$128|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$318||$726||$308||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$318||$726||$308||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$726||$308||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$350||$822||$362||$22||$108||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Tucson garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums considerably.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The information below compares Saab 9-3 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-3 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saab 9-3 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Tucson
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on 9-3 insurance in Tucson.
- No Claim Discounts – Tucson drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current 9-3 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Tucson car insurance quotes online.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Saab 9-3 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, newly married, exclusive group savings, safety features, new move discount, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for company car, paid in full, anti-theft, paperless, and mature driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Tucson car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of providers who offer cheap Saab 9-3 insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned a lot of techniques to find cheap Saab 9-3 insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective Saab 9-3 insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Tucson agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)