If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Tucson.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for the details to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Find a Tucson insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s shocking but over 70% of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in Tucson can save $730 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To find inexpensive Tucson auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The simplest method to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. Just keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To find cheap auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rate information and statistics
The table displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Understanding how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$394||$288||$18||$86||$980||$82|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$480||$288||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$480||$288||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Mazda MX-5 Miata annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
The list below includes just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Mazda MX-5 Miata is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most major insurance companies allow a discount to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare Mazda MX-5 Miata rates in Tucson to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying from different companies
- Marriage can lower premiums – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Experienced drivers pay less – Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a young driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Mazda MX-5 Miata claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 76 61 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy insurance in Arizona
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Tucson, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda MX-5 Miata with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your MX-5 Miata are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.