Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Tucson is your objective, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Tucson. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for ideas to get lower rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper MKT coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing online. Getting online rates for Lincoln MKT insurance in Tucson is quite easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Lincoln MKT insurance in Tucson makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get affordable car insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in AZ, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The table shown next covers estimates of rate quotes for Lincoln MKT models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$324||$548||$338||$20||$102||$1,332||$111|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$358||$632||$338||$20||$102||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Cautious Tucson drivers save money
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Lincoln MKT insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below compares Lincoln MKT premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKT replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your MKT
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Lincoln MKT and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Tucson
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings. Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the miles on your Lincoln annually the higher your rate. Most companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MKT is throwing money out the window. Make sure your policy reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Lincoln MKT is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Costs also based on gender – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Where you reside factors in – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Certain employers pay higher prices – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and miners are shown to have the highest average rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
A auto insurance lapse can increase prices – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance loss probability for a Lincoln MKT – Insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD||128||133|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD||118||85||138||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just learned some good ideas how to find affordable Lincoln MKT insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Tucson auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When searching for affordable Lincoln MKT insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)