Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Subaru Baja in Arizona can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Subaru and locate the lowest price either online or from Tucson insurance agents.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare price quotes will probably buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Subaru Baja insurance in Tucson two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Baja insurance in Tucson
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring several vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Tucson, follow this link.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Tucson.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Tucson car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Tucson that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
- Allied Insurance Group
2424 E Broadway Blvd # 114 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 918-2886 – View Map
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gilbert Castillo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3010 W Valencia Rd #250 – Tucson, AZ 85746 – (520) 883-2886 – View Map
- Nancy Craney – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 W Ina Rd #132 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-9947 – View Map
- Michael Riley – State Farm Insurance Agent
2050 E Speedway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 323-9467 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Arizona?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What if I total my Subaru Baja and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- If my Subaru Baja is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Obey driving laws and save – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Even one driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Responsible credit scores equal low premiums – Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People that have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Subaru Baja by improving your credit score.
Never have coverage lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
Extra coverages can add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Influences performance influences auto insurance premiums – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies afford a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Tucson Baja insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save money by buying from different companies
Age of drivers impacts rates – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a teen driver to your policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Choosing Baja insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Baja in Tucson, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Baja with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last note
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable Subaru Baja insurance in Tucson is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Tucson, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to buy discount Subaru Baja insurance in Tucson
The best way to save on Subaru Baja insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Tucson.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)