We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will presumably switch companies because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Tucson is your target objective, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
The preferred way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Tucson. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to understand how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Best companies for affordable Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Tucson, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, good student, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Tucson. To locate providers that offer multiple discounts in Tucson, click here.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Tucson auto insurance agent
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Tucson.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Tucson who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Tucson are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Tucson Insurance Associates
51 W Wetmore Rd #101 – Tucson, AZ 85705 – (520) 396-4727 – View Map
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
- Mike Pierce Insurance
1809 S 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 884-8488 – View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson that are able to give price quote information.
- Rick McGee – State Farm Insurance Agent
7630 N la Cholla Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 529-4676 – View Map
- Nancy Craney – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 W Ina Rd #132 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 742-9947 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 792-2100 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Tucson, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How long has their agency been in business in Tucson?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
If you feel you receive good responses as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just read a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Toyota Prius Prime insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Tucson car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Some auto insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Tucson can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tucson Auto Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Tucson? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)