Shockingly, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Tucson drivers could save almost $733 every year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Tucson is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Arizona.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article provides tips to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cheapest Chevy Spark insurance quotes in Tucson, AZ
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is an easy way to save money. You just have to spend a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If you want cheap car insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Discounts can help to save on Chevy Spark insurance in Tucson
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about before they will apply.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper car insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Tucson drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Spark insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Tucson car insurance quotes online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
When getting free Tucson car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To find insurers offering car insurance discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Chevy Spark Insurance
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into your prices.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Youthful drivers pay higher premiums – Beginning drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females have fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Tucson.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Tucson who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Tucson are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Tucson that may be able to provide pricing information.
- HalSi Insurance Services
7670 E Broadway Blvd #250 – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 296-7881 – View Map
- RightSure Insurance Group
5151 E Broadway Blvd #120 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 901-7010 – View Map
6245 E Broadway BlvdSte 310 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 624-3456 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Casey Santoro – State Farm Insurance Agent
4231 W Ina Rd Ste 121 – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 744-2400 – View Map
- Jeff Noel – State Farm Insurance Agent
9136 E Valencia Rd #110 – Tucson, AZ 85747 – (520) 574-7777 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Thom Wadlund
4500 E Grant Rd Ste A – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 318-0734 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
After you get good feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing your policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Spark is worth?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance company ratings
Picking the top company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tucson. The ranking data in the next section may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
Lower-priced insurance in Tucson can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Tucson agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented some good ideas how to save on Chevy Spark insurance in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)