Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Arizona could save an average of almost 50% each year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Tucson is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Tucson can initially seem challenging. Smart shoppers just have to use how to shop from many different companies.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Arizona
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tucson, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Grand Caravan, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge Grand Caravan and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and statistics
The table shown below showcases different prices for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Having a better idea how policy rates are figured can help you make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$184||$298||$362||$22||$108||$974||$81|
|Grand Caravan SE||$184||$298||$362||$22||$108||$974||$81|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$184||$362||$362||$22||$108||$1,038||$87|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$208||$362||$362||$22||$108||$1,062||$89|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$208||$362||$362||$22||$108||$1,062||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Tucson
The illustration below illustrates how violations and fender-benders influence Dodge Grand Caravan annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates by age and gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below compares Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Grand Caravan claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Companies don’t list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in Tucson.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Tucson.
After filling out this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Tucson exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Rick McGee – State Farm Insurance Agent
7630 N la Cholla Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85741 – (520) 529-4676 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are claims handled?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions and low cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Dodge Grand Caravan to commute?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Ratings for Tucson car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Tucson. The ranking information displayed below can help you decide which auto insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-conscious Dodge Grand Caravan insurance can be found online and with local Tucson insurance agents, so get free Tucson car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)