Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Arizona can save roughly 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Tucson is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Arizona. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more details to prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating a better price.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Tucson, AZ. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Tucson, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Tucson that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tucson?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents in Tucson are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tucson willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are Tucson independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.