Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. Drivers in Arizona could save themselves $700 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Tucson is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Arizona.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for the details to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Tucson can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. But Arizona drivers benefit from understanding how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Mercury Sable insurance in Tucson is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like how you use your vehicles, whether you have decent credit, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Tucson, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Tucson auto insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to monitor where and when they drive remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Expect high rates for teens – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t skimp on liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your Sable may be wasting your money.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- You might get higher rates if you are single – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Stress out and pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as military generals, police officers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Tucson should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tucson?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you want a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tucson that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Tucson independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
After receiving good responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
What is the best auto insurance company in Tucson?
Choosing a good quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Arizona. The information in the lists below may help you pick which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Mercury Sable insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Tucson car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Tucson car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable car insurance in Tucson is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Tucson agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)