Unfortunately, most insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Tucson drivers could cut their rates by up to 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Nissan Quest insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tucson.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Locating the best rates in Tucson is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Although Arizona consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
How to lower your Nissan Quest insurance cost in Tucson, Arizona
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Tucson insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Nissan Quest insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
Keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Tucson, AZ. In order to find the best car insurance in Tucson, AZ, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Quest insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Nissan Quest, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Nissan Quest. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan Quest insurance in Tucson
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Quest insurance premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and air bag.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tucson. To see a list of companies with the best Nissan Quest insurance discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Tucson who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tucson?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson that can give you rate quotes.
- Tim Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
727 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 321-1333 – View Map
- Joe Abong – State Farm Insurance Agent
2323 N Swan Rd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 750-8016 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 792-2100 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson willing to provide rate quotes.
- ETNA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
3430 N 1st Ave #2 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 887-4700 – View Map
- Allied Insurance Group
2424 E Broadway Blvd # 114 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 918-2886 – View Map
- Mike Pierce Insurance
1809 S 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 884-8488 – View Map
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for funeral costs, doctor visits, hospital visits and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Quest.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Quest resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Quest in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop smart and save
Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Tucson can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Nissan Quest insurance in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tucson car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)