Are you tired of paying out the nose to pay insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other Arizona drivers.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Tucson is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can save time and money. Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with ads and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to check insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Tucson at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Buying affordable auto insurance in Tucson is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart shoppers only have to learn how to compare company rates online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Tucson is to know the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give them some information like if a SR-22 is needed, daily mileage, if you went to college, and types of safety features. The rating information is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company affordable Volkswagen Passat insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies can provide quotes in Arizona. To find cheap auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Volkswagen Passat insurance statistics and information
The data table displayed below outlines a range of prices for Volkswagen Passat models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are established can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$182||$364||$288||$18||$86||$938||$78|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$364||$338||$20||$102||$1,006||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age in Tucson
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Passat car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Passat auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Arizona. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula for phasing out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Passat replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some companies don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Tucson can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen could earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Volkswagen Passat insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in Arizona, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Passat insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Volkswagen Passat to commute?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volkswagen Passat?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Tucson should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Tucson car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you would like to find a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Tucson can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Tucson exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Tucson that can give you rate quotes.
After you get reasonable responses for all questions you ask and affordable Volkswagen Passat insurance rates in Tucson quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel your coverage at any point so never assume that you’re stuck with the insurance policy for the entire policy term.