If you’re shopping for more affordable insurance on the web, do you get frustrated by the sheer number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. There are so many choices available that it can quickly become a real difficult job to lower your rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Tucson. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Tucson is the perfect city to reside in, but budgeting for expensive car insurance can make it very difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Volvo S60 insurance in Tucson six months ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Locating the best rates in Tucson is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Although Arizona car owners must learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Tucson
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on S60 insurance in Tucson.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, driver training, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good student, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Esurance has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
If you need low cost Tucson car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Arizona, click here.
Volvo S60 insurance quotes comparison
To find affordable Volvo S60 insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Arizona. The fastest way to find the cheapest Volvo S60 insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Tucson, AZ. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Buy Lower-cost Insurance with These Tips
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into prices.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – Insurance companies in Arizona provide most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Don’t let your insurance lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Safer vehicles save money – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your policy shows annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your S60 is just wasting money.
- Excellent credit means lower rates – An insured’s credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Volvo S60 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Volvo S60 insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S60 Models Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I total my Volvo S60 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What if I want to buy from local Tucson insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Tucson agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tucson willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Debe A. Campos-Fleenor
3206 E Grant Rd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 745-0169 – View Map
- Rebecca Sanford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5605 E River Rd #211 – Tucson, AZ 85750 – (520) 615-0800 – View Map
- Al Vasey – State Farm Insurance Agent
7401 E 22nd St – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 514-0222 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Tucson that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mooney Insurance
10501 E Seven Generations Way #103 – Tucson, AZ 85747 – (520) 751-0502 – View Map
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Clinic
4925 E 5th St Suite # 101 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 323-6887 – View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Tucson, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Volvo S60, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Volvo S60 and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Volvo S60 insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Tucson car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Volvo S60 insurance in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tucson car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find more affordable Volvo S60 insurance in Tucson
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tucson is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Arizona.
- Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tucson. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)