Regrettably, the vast majority of Arizona insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the U.S. could pocket nearly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Tucson. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as speeding and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buy Tucson Volvo S80 insurance online
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volvo S80 models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$236||$428||$300||$18||$90||$1,072||$89|
|S80 Executive AWD||$236||$484||$300||$18||$90||$1,128||$94|
|S80 V8 AWD||$262||$484||$300||$18||$90||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Volvo S80 insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact formula for excluding full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo S80 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Four Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Youthful drivers pay high rates – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your S80 may be wasting your money.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Volvo S80 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Discounts for married couples – Your spouse can actually save you money on insurance. It means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Loss probability for a Volvo S80 – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Tucson, auto insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your S80, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Volvo S80. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Volvo gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your S80 are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Tucson auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Tucson. The rank data shown below can help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+